From time immemorial humans have tried to invent something new from available materials to make lives easier.
In today’s technologically obsessed and advanced world kitchen appliances are fast becoming indispensable as they not only assist us but also SAVE A LOT OF TIME!!
Here are five appliances that I believe are a must for every kitchen.
1.TOASTER OR TOASTED SANDWICH MAKER:
Running late for office? Just load two slices of bread in your toaster and less than a minute grabs them, butter them and you’re ready to go! I simply couldn’t imagine life without my toaster; it’s the most used device in every household as I’m sure everyone needs breakfast in the morning.
If you’ve got 10 minutes on your watch, then grab those slices stuff them up with cheese or vegetables, or bacon even last night’s beans work good enough, put on some butter and get it inside the sandwich maker. Nobody can resist that golden brown patty which is so easy to make!
2.ELECTRIC PRESSURE COOKER:
Nothing saves time like this one appliance. It’s a very versatile appliance and can be used to steam and pressure cook rice, soup, pot roast, mashed potatoes, beef, chicken, and pork. It can even be used to make cakes by steaming!! It not only saves time but also saves washing dishes as it can cook a whole meal in a single go. You can choose a cooker according to the quantity you require to cook, be it 2litres, 3litres or 5li; it’s a must have.
As the name suggests, a hand blender is a very handy device which is easy to use and clean. It can be used to make sauces of various kinds and to add froth to your milky drinks such as a smoothie, a hand blender can also be used to crush ice easily for the perfect summer ice stick .A hand mixer usually comes with various attachments such as a whisk or egg beater, which are very useful for any baking that needs to be done.
I feel that this one appliance is the daddy of all. It has endless uses with so many attachments to explore! It can be used to make purees, grind meat, make sauces, dips, salsas, etc.It can be used to knead the dough of any type. Even slicing and dicing up vegetables and fruits in a food processor is fun! You can grate cheese or grind flour in it. Even use it as a juice maker! Need any more reasons to buy this genius product?
5.OVEN OR A MICROWAVE:
Absolutely the best for the last! The oven has had a long history in assisting us to taste some of the world’s best dishes such as pizzas! Cakes! Breads! Roasted chicken! And what not?
The best for the last! The oven has had a long history in assisting us to taste some of the world’s best dishes such as pizzas! Cakes! Breads! Roasted chicken! And what not?
I am a huge fan of my of nothing that it can’t do, it bakes, roasts, grills, thaws, and melts . A microwave, on the other hand, is a smaller version of the oven and solves many purposes for those who lack space for a proper oven.
Many types of ovens and microwaves are available in the market to choose from with varied functions; my recommendation, however, is of a convection oven/microwave as it uses a rotating fan for cooking stuff and uses almost 25% less energy in doing so. It not only saves time but also lessens your electricity bill. What more could you wish for!?
So people loosen up your pockets for these 5 appliances as it is a one-time investment and a lifetime of enjoyment and relief for the sous-chef!!
Now that you have created a food blog, the next step is to grow it. Blog growth depends on how fast you can learn and how much time you can devote into blog.
If you are ready to treat your blog like a professional business, here are some tips that will help you grow your food blog faster.
Always make readers feel involved
Whenever you write a post, always keep the needs of the reader in mind. You blog should solve people’s problem and they should feel an emotional connection.
Always use an informal tone and use the word “you” a lot. “You” is one of the most powerful words in the dictionary.
Also, whenever you end a post, give your readers an opportunity to connect with you. Ask them some question, ask them to leave a comment, ask them what they felt about the post.
I can’t tell you how many people leave comments on my blog, tweet at my handle, and send me queries via email.I feel like they value my expertise!
Be present for your blog readers
Blogging full time can be tiresome sometimes; you may not find the time to reply to all the emails you get. But, remember that readers are very important, so whenever you find time, you should reply to their emails and answer their queries.If you can, create a forum for your readers where they can post their questions and answer other people’s query. This way, they will feel more engaged and turn into regular followers.Always write high quality content
You should never write filler content. Filler content is where you write anything that comes to your mind. If you have run out of blog post ideas, it’s better not to write a post. Instead, you should spend time in brainstorming excellent content ideas for your blog.
This way, you will deliver the best content and will meet your readers’ expectations.
Become a food photographer
For a food blogger, learning photography is a very important skill. Capturing the beauty of food will take your blog to the next level. You will not believe that there are millions of food bloggers in the world, but only few are successful, the reason is that they spend a good amount of time in making their blog presentable.
Take Pinterest by storm
For food bloggers, there is no better social platform than Pinterest. After you develop great photography skills, you should start publishing your recipes on Pinterest. You should join the popular food related boards and interact with other people regularly. This is the best way to find new readers for your blog.
“You BBQ addict, also start maintaining your love: Barbeque grill.”
All the BBQ lovers would agree how important it becomes to keep your BBQ smoker when you are a person who believes in satisfying his/her BBQ’s cravings at your place and as per your comfortable hours.
When you are a BBQ addict by love your, we mean nothing else than the smoker you own. With excessive use of your smoker, you invite some harmful bacteria simply because of extensive accumulation of massive Grease particles at the bottom of the smoker’s pit. If you don’t have a pellet smoker yet, then do read reviews at bestpelletsmoker.com.
The price of these takeaway smokers is not natural in everyone’s pocket it’s a one-time investment but demands a lot of smartness to reap long-term hygienically proven benefits.
Even you don’t clean often; it’s still not too late.
Maybe you don’t have enough time, or you are such a party host who never shy off hosting a BBQ party every weekend then it’s quite urgent to either chalk out some time from your schedule or postpone the party to next weekend and spend some quality time with your smoker.
Because with continuous use of the surface of the grill tops it with layers of dirt.
These layers serve as a perfect breeding ground for mold but trust me their birth doesn’t mean an end to the life of your smoker, though it can be quickly brought back to life with little efforts and conservative cleaning approach.
Get into your washing clothes and don’t forget to wear those long gloves made up of rubber before starting.
1. Remove the deposited sludge
Select a small tool you can opt for a shovel (used in gardens) to get rid of the dirty layers. Be gentle in your approach while removing sludge so that you don’t end up scraping the edges of the surface. Although you are in to remove the hefty layers of the grease, it’s better to leave a little layer of oil on it deliberately and let it do its job of protecting metal from rusting and losing its life early.
This step follows immediately after you remove the grease. You need some thick paper tissues or light towels to wipe out the scrapped layers of fat. Though the task is cumbersome but has to, he was done.
Remember you can always use gloves for safety and dirt protection.
3. Cooking grates.
Don’t use soap base elements here as it cuts a lot of greases and leads to easy rusting of the grates.
All you need to do is to wipe your pits dutifully once they dry up and get cooled after your last cooking venture. This regular habit keeps all cumbersome efforts at bay, but if you are not in the habit of regular cleaning, then you can only compensate through vigorous scraping. And if you are bothered regarding the loss of grease, just apply some oil cooking spray immediately after washing.
4. Outer part
The outer area is always neglected by the owner because there is a sense of complacency that it’s covered with some protective shield. Rather this buffer gets weak because of massive exposure to aggregating rust environment thus loses life and shine quite early. Keep it oiled as much as you can; you can use the same cooking spray that helped in greasing of the food crates.
Always Remember that your BBQ is an essential tool for the modern kitchen job if you own one, cherish the moments just try cleaning it as much as possible and on a regular basis especially.
Jigsaw is a tool that professionals use for cutting various designs and styles of shapes into varied surfaces. Whenever home based craftsmen and professional construction workers face an artistic challenge, they resort to jigsaws for accomplishing them.
Jigsaw is one tool that offers them the ability to produce end products with artistic precision. But, jigsaws are not as easy to control and because of that, beginners must not use them without proper training.
Jigsaws require a properly trained and controlled hand for delivering accurate results. If you wish to use these notoriously difficult to control tool, you have to be trained in physical design and control in the first place.
In this guide, I am going to tell you about the top 10 jigsaws that you can purchase in 2016.
If you are looking for a professional grade jigsaw, then you can go with an expensive pro jigsaw and if you are just starting out in this field, then you can go with an affordable, entry-level jigsaw.
- DEWALT DCS331B: DEWALT DCS331B jigsaw requires 20 volt supply for maximum operation. DEWALT DCS331B has built in lithium ion battery to provide the required voltage. DEWALT DCS331B is a medium range item that has been rated 4.8/5. In fact, DEWALT DCS331B is the second best jigsaw in the market.
- Makita XVJ03Z: Makita XVJ03Z is the best-selling and the most expensive jigsaw in the market. Makita XVJ03Z requires 18-volt potential for operation. Makita XVJ03Z gets the required supply from a built in lithium ion battery. Makita XVJ03Z is rated 4.9/5 by users and is definitely a must have for professional workshops.
- DEWALT Bare-Tool DC330B: DEWALT Bare-Tool DC330B is a cordless jigsaw that works with 18 volt supply. DEWALT Bare-Tool DC330B is a mid-range product, ideal for mid-range contractors.
- PORTER CABLE PCC650B: PORTER CABLE PCC650B is a bare jigsaw that comes with 20 volt built in supply. PORTER CABLE PCC650B is an ideal choice for entry level workers because it is really affordable. PORTER CABLE PCC650B is durable and will last you a long time.
- Black and Decker JS660: If you are looking for a great jigsaw, but don’t want to spend a lot of cash, purchase Black and Decker JS660. Black and Decker JS660 is one of the top selling jigsaws in the market, and in terms of performance per dollars, it ranks first.
- Black & Decker JS670V: Black & Decker JS670V is an orbital jigsaw that comes with advanced features such as smart select technology. If you want a technically advanced jigsaw, go with Black & Decker JS670V.
- Milwaukee 2445-21: Milwaukee 2445-21 is a high performance 12 volt cordless jigsaw that comes with hybrid grip for extra support and precision.
- Bosch JS470E: Bosch JS470E is a slightly expensive jigsaw that has 120 volt supply and 7 amp current usages. Bosch JS470E sells in popular top handle design.
- SKIL 4395-01: Beginners can also choose SKIL 4395-01 as it is a light-duty jigsaw.
- Hitachi CJ90VST: Hitachi CJ90VST is an effective tool for beginners because it offers variable speeds and comes with a blower built in.
When a couple gets pregnant, it is a blissful time for them. From the day they hear that they are pregnant, to forever, they are life becomes full of excitement. This is a time that they treasure for their entire lives.
As a parent of a newborn, you will be tempted to spend as much time as possible with your child. But sometimes this is not practical. Not because it is unsafe to carry baby in your arms, but because you probably have other responsibilities like household chores etc. which will become impossible to do with the baby on one arm.
If you wish to perform all your tasks with high efficiency and spend quality time with you baby at the same time, you should invest in a solution known as a baby carrier. A baby carrier will let you perform your household responsibilities and let you bond with your newborn at the same time.
There are lots of baby carriers available in the market, but in this post, we will tell you only about the top 10 that you can purchase in 2016.
- Evenflo carrier – This baby carrier is made from really soft materials. It ensures that air flow within the material is maintained at all times. It is one of the cheapest yet high selling baby carriers in the market.
- Boba Baby Wrap – This baby carrier is the second best-selling baby carrier available in the market. It is made from good quality material and has received positive reviews from users.
- BabyBjorn baby carrier one – This product is the highest quality and best-selling product in this category. It is made from high-quality materials which will make sure that this baby carrier lasts a long time. It is quite expensive and you will have to shell out a substantial amount of cash to purchase it.
- ERGObaby organic – This baby carrier is made from natural materials, hence, it is called an organic baby carrier. The reason to buy an expensive organic baby carrier is to prevent babies from harmful effects of industrial materials.
- Moby baby wrap – This is another low-priced baby carrier that you can buy if you are tight on money.
- Evenflo natural fit – This baby carrier is made from natural materials and makes babies feel comfort in it. It is a soft carrier that fits babies of all sizes in it. The quality of the material is decent for the price.
- Mo+m carrier – This abbreviation in the title stands for mothers on the move and that is what this carrier will let you do.
- Zorro Mall – This baby carrier is designed to be comfortable on the back and shoulders of both the mother and the baby. It is very affordable.
- Boba 4G – This baby carrier is for people who don’t want to settle for a medium quality product. This premium baby carrier is rated 4.7/5 and justifies the price with its premium features.
- Happy wrap – If the high cost of organic baby products scares you then go with this carrier, it is organic and quite affordable.
In past few years, Smoothies have become very popular among kids. Unlike popular belief, smoothies are not unhealthy, if you replace sugar and chocolate in smoothies with fruits and vegetables, smoothies can be very healthy.
Most of the vegetables and fruits have tons of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. If you are on a weight loss regime, and want to keep a tab on the calories you consume, you can try replacing a meal with a smoothie.
Smoothies made with protein powder are also great for people who are looking to put on lean muscle mass.
If you like going out on a jog in the morning, you can make a quick smoothie with the help of an electronic smoothie maker. Smoothie makers available in market are quite cheap and give you the power to prepare delicious smoothies within minutes.
If you like drinking smoothies, investing in a smoothie maker will save you cash in the long run. Do you know how much a smoothie from food joint costs? $5 to $10!
Quit giving away money on stuff that you can make at your home, at a fraction of the price.
In this post, I will tell you about the top 10 smoothie makers that you can buy in 2016.
- Cuisinart CPB-300 – This is a multi-purpose device that can be used for chopping vegetable in addition to blending mouth-watering smoothies. It is the best-selling model out there with an average rating of 4.9 stars.
- Magic Bullet NutriBuller – This smoothie maker is a ninja! You can blend smoothies in it within seconds. It comes with 12-pieces in total and you are going to be amazed with its capabilities.
- Oster BLSTPB-WBL – A cheap smoothie maker that is perfect for people who like to carry with them a drink on their jobs. This 250-watt device prepares smoothies in seconds and comes with a travel sport bottle.
- Back to Basic BPE3BRAUS – Don’t want to spend money on superficial features like looks and feel? Go with this smoothie maker. You will get the best bang for your buck!
- Ninja Master QB900B – Another low cost smoothie maker that is the perfect gift for someone who is looking to lose weight and get in shape.
- HB 54615 – Another low cost smoothie maker which has average rating of 4.5 stars! The Hamilton Beach 54615 is a full-fledged smoothie maker that comes with a 48-ounce jar, so if you want to prepare smoothies for your friends, you can do that it one go with this smoothie maker.
- BELLA 13586 – This 12-piece marvel from the house of BELLA has 4.5 stars rating and is priced appropriately. If you are looking for entry level smoothie maker then you can go with this guy.
- B2B SE3000 – For people who are design conscious, B2B has SE3000 smoothie maker that looks fabulous.
- MBR-1701 – A complete 17-piece smoothie maker set to make yummy smoothies in moments.
- KitchenAid 5-Speed – This glass jar bender in one of the most expensive smoothie makers out there! It has 4.7 stars in ratings and can blend smoothies at 5 different speeds.
Suppose you are with your loved ones for a get together. You have put on a soothing music in the background, everybody is enjoying themselves, you have prepared your meal, and everything is ready to be served. You take out the expensive aged wine bottle that you believe is going to take this get together to the next, you pour it to the glasses and take a sip and suddenly you realize that it does not taste the way you supposed it would.
If you have experienced what I just described here, chances are that you are not letting the wine breathe before drinking. With an affordable wine aerator, you can let wine breather and have an awesome taste later on.
In this blog post, I will tell you about the top 10 wine aerators that you can purchase in 2016.
- Vinluxe PRO – This wine aerator is meant for the elite. It is quite expensive as compared to other wine aerators available in market. As the name suggests, it is a luxury model. It is rated 4.9 stars.
- Vinturi Reserve – If you are a wine enthusiast this is the wine aerator that you must own. It is not the most expensive wine aerator in the market, but will set you back by a few dollars. It is rated 4.8 stars.
- Vintorio Pourer – This is one of the best-selling wine aerators money can buy. It has been rated an average of 4.7 stars by thousands of candidates. With this wine aerator, you parties will become rocking.
- Zazzol Decanter – It costs almost the same as Vintorio, but works in delivering that smooth flavour to your wine. If you are looking to buy a sturdy wine aerator, you can go with this product. It has average rating of 4.6 stars.
- HiCoup Red Wine Aerator – Looking for a stylish looking wine aerator that doesn’t break the bank? Then go for this amazing piece of kitchenware from HiCoup. It is offered at medium pricing and is rated an average of 4.5 stars.
- Lux Essentials – If you are millionaire, you cannot settle for products that ordinary people use. Go show the world that you are rich by spending on this luxury wine aerator. Rated at 4.6 stars, Lux Essentials is the most expensive wine aerator out there.
- Vinoria Aerator – Touted by the company as a luxury item, this wine aerator from Vinoria is a decent looking product. It works the way it is supposed to but it is not a luxury item.
- Vinara Essential – Rated at 4.6 stars out 5, Vinara Essential wine aerator comes with several accessories that make wine taste richer and smoother.
- Vittoria’s Essential – Designed in black colour, this small wine aerator is for people who don’t want to spend a lot of money but still want to add elegance to their kitchen. It is priced moderately high and will add beauty to your kitchen.
- Rabbit aerator – Finally, last but not the least, this wine aerator for Rabbit will serve you well in casual get together and the best part is that it doesn’t cost too much.
Do you work in warm congested places like a garage or a workshop? If you do, then you must have noticed that you are always drenched in sweat. Dehydration is not good for people indulged in strenuous activities because it decreases attention. You should drink often to avoid dehydration and stay at 100% alertness. To make sure that you always have a drink around, you should consider purchasing a mini refrigerator. Mini refrigerators are amazing, they are compact, but have enough space for snacks, water and chilled beer. If you have a den, you should keep a refrigerator stacked with beer in it.
Also, a mini fridge is something that you should buy for your child or grandchild if he’s going to leave for college soon.
Here are some of the best mini refrigerators that you can buy in 2016.
- midea WHD-113FW1 – It is the highest rated mini fridge with an average rating of 4.8 stars. It is very expensive and is meant for the rich. It comes with double doors that are reversible.
- Danby DBC120BLS – It is a very expensive mini fridge that has the looks of large fridges used by soda companies to promote their products. It has an average rating of 4.9 stars and costs a whopper! It is only meant for shacks of top 1% of America.
- Koolatron KWC-4 – This is a personal mini fridge that can be used to keep up to 6 cans of soda / beer chilled. It comes with Coca-Cola branding so if you are a fan of the beverage company, you should considering buying this.
- RCA – IGLOO 3.2 – This is another fridge that you can buy. It is slightly more expensive than the Koolatron KWC-4, but that is justified. This fridge has a platinum body which will last you a long time.
- Igloo Eraser Board – If you want more space in a mini fridge, you should take a look at Eraser Board fridge from the brand Igloo. It is a budget fridge, has average ratings of 4.6 stars and comes with Eraser Board that makes a perfect choice for hostellers.
- Culinair Af100s – This mini fridge from Culinair offers 1.7 cubic foot space for products. This space is enough to keep a few beers and left-overs. It is relatively inexpensive.
- Haier mini fridge – If you are brand conscious, you should take a look at this fridge. It offers 2.7 cubic foot volume for sodas and beers, and is rated 4.7 stars. Because of its premium aesthetics, you will have to spend more than average money.
- SPT RF-244SS – This compact refrigerator will not a break your bank, but you may have to reconsider your spending budget. It is rated 4.6 stars on average. You will fall in love with it!
- Keystone KSTRC312CB – This mini fridge comes in 2-door design. It acts a freezer as well. It is rated 4.7 stars and is very expensive.
- Nostalgia RRF325HNRED – If you are a fan of retro product, then this mini fridge is for you. It is very expensive, but that’s justified! It comes with 3.0 cubic foot capacity, which is something you won’t find in other brands.
Top 10 K-cup brewers for 2016
Some people like coffee so much that it is hard for them to even imagine starting their day without it. Making a cup of coffee using the traditional method is both time-consuming and wasteful. To brew a cup of coffee the traditional way, you have to insert a filter in a coffee maker, measure grounds, grind beans, and brew a full pot, which servers only a few people. In short, it is too much of a hassle.
Also, making coffee in the morning is a daunting task in itself. Morning is a time when it is difficult for some people to even get out of bed and walk a few steps straight. Instead of brewing a full pot of coffee, which you won’t be able to finish alone anyways, why don’t you try something that is not wasteful and tastes delicious? You should invest in a K-cup brewer for that no-hassle cup of coffee every morning.
In this post, you will learn about the top 10 k-cup brewers in the market.
- Keurig K40 Elite – This is not just a coffee marker, it is a coffee making system. It is designed to gain admiration from people. It is so efficient that most of the people who used it, rated it over 4.5/5.
- Keurig K450 – An advanced version of K40 Elite that has an average rating of 4.8/5. You do have to shell out a few extra bucks, but the added features and performance is worth the money.
- Keurig K550 2.0 – This is one of the best rated K-cup brewers that money can buy in 2016. In addition to all the features of other Keurig coffee makers, it comes with a digital monitoring system. It is rated 4.9/5 and is quite expensive.
- Hamilton Beach Single Serve – If you are looking for a cheap, easy-to-use and modern looking coffee maker, then this is your go-to product. It is rated 4.5/5.
- Keurig K145 OfficePRO – Slightly more expensive that home coffee brewers of the same brand, but elegant build quality makes it compatible in official environment.
- Keurig K130 – The low end model from the brand, which is marketed a competitive price point. It is a great pick for college students who don’t have a lot of money to spare.
- Keurig K45 Elite – Another coffee maker from the house of Keurig. This one is a previous generation coffee maker, which has quite excellent features, and can be bought for steep discounts.
- B&D CM618 – Black and Decker is a household name when it comes to kitchen appliances. If you are really tight on budget, you should go with this coffee maker, it is dirt cheap.
- Cuisinart SS-700 – If you are looking for a coffee maker for office use, you can go with SS-700. It has all the features required to brew a tasty cup of coffee, and will look great in office setting.
- BUNN MCU – This home coffee brewer comes with accessories because of which it can be used both in office and home setting.
Several of Woodworking furniture projects have what we call tapered legs. Tapered legs can be created with several Woodworking tools, but if you are going to be making a lot of them, you should learn about the easiest way i.e. with a tapering jig on a table saw. If you don’t have a thickness planer yet, make sure you checkout planerreviews.net.
A tapering jig will enable you to alter tapered cuts to angles of about 15 degrees. In this Woodworking tutorial, you will learn how to make tapering jigs for your table saw.
Here is a list of material that you will need:-
- 6 feet of 1×3 or 1×4 wood stocks (Pine, Polar, or any other)
- 1 unit of 3/4-inch x 2-inch hinge
- 2 units of 1/4-inch x 5 inch carriage bolts
- 2 units of 1/4-inch flat washers
- 1 unit of 1/4-inch lock washer
- 1 unit of 1/4-inch lock nut
- 1 unit of 1/4-inch wing nut
- 1 unit of 1/4-inch deck screws
Step 1: Cut two boards of equal lengths
The first is to cut two boards of equal length from the wood stock. I decided to go with 30-inches each because I think that is a good length for a tapering jig. If you want a longer or shorter tapering jig, you can increase or reduce the length of each board. Just make sure that both are of equal length.
Step 2: Attach a hinge to one of the two boards
The next step is to join the two boards with a hinge. Take a hinge of 2-inches by 3/4-innches and attach it to one end of the board.
Ensure that the hinge pin is parallel to the ends of the boards. This will allow the tapering jig to open and close with friction.
Step 3: Drill holes at edges of the boards for carriage bolts
Take a cordless drill or a power drill, and make a countersunk bolt hole on the sides of the board.
This hole should be parallel to the hinge pin, but at the opposite side. The specification of the hole is as follows:-
- it should an inch up from the base of the jig on each side
- it should be allow 1/4-inch diameter carriage bolts to pass through it snugly
Once you have drilled cleanly at the edge, drill a countersink for each of the holes at the bottom of the board.
Keep the depth of countersinks enough such that the heads of the carriage bolts won’t come out at the bottom of the jig.
Step 4: Push the carriage bolts
Clamp the boards tightly and use a hammer to push carriage bolts through the holes that you drilled in the previous step. Verify that carriage bolt heads are resting beneath the surface of the bottom of the two sides of the jig.
Step 5: Create a spreader bracket to hold the tapering jig
To hold the tapering jig at certain angles, you will need a spreader bracket. In this step, we will make that, follow the instructions below:-
- cut a piece of 1×3 or 1×4 to 8-inches in length and 2-inches in width
- use a jigsaw to round over its edges
- take a pencil and draw a line along the axis of the board at the centre line (one inch away from each side)
- drill three quarter inch holes and one half inch hole from each side of the central line
- drill a single one inch hole on the centre line
Step 6: Cut the slot in the spreader bracket
Take a straight edge and pencil, draw a line reaching from the top edge of the central hole to the the top of the hole at the opposite side farthest from it. After that, draw a parallel line between the bottom edges of these two holes. Then, with the help of a jigsaw, cut out a slot between the two line that you just marked.
Step 7: Attach the lip to the tapering jig
The next step is attaching a piece of wood stock to the board that will push the board being tapered through the saw blade on your table saw. This piece will be added to left side of the tapering jig.
For this, cut a 2-inch wide piece from you stock. Attach this to the left side of the tapering jig with the help of a couple of deck screws using cordless drill. The position of the lip has to be 1 inch from the end of the board.
Step 8: Attach a bracket to your tapering jig
In this step, you will take the spreader bracket and attach it to the tapering jig.
Place the slot in the spreader bracket over the left carriage bolt and its hole over the carriage bolt on the right. Apply a little force to push the bracket in its place. Now, take a flat washer and a lock and add it to the right carriage bolt. Tighten it to ensure that the bracket is firmly placed.
Pro Tip: Do not tighten the bracket so hard that it become difficult to rotate it
Now, you should be able to adjust the width of the tapering jig by moving left bolt through the slot.
If you are satisfied with the movement of the tapering jig, you can make the design permanent by adding a flat washer, a lock, and a wing nut to the carriage bolt at the left edge. If you are not satisfied with the movement, you can make adjustments and then use the components above to the make the design permanent.
Step 9: Test out your tapering jig
Select a tapering angle, adjust it on the jig and tighten the wing nut. Now, place the board to be tapered at the left side of the jig. The end of the board should be against the lip and at the bottom edge of the jig. Now, put right side of the jig against table saw fence and slide the block towards the saw blade.
This should result in a clean tapered board.